Welcome to Summit Pointe
A New Vision for a Mixed-Use Destination
Located in the dynamic Greenbrier business community of Chesapeake, VA, Summit Pointe is the newest large-scale, mixed-use community centrally located within Coastal Virginia. Summit Pointe has already become a premier office location with the recent completion of Dollar Tree’s high-rise office tower in Phase One. Other regional companies now have the ability to relocate to Summit Pointe and enjoy the same advantages in attracting and retaining the very best talent available to ensure their business success.
As a premier business location, and as a community asset where people socialize through business, shopping and living experiences, Summit Pointe employs the best, time tested planning principles in every facet of its design.
Something Special is Happening in Coastal Virginia
Summit Pointe is a unique blending of high-rise corporate offices, urban living, patio-centric restaurants and convenient amenities. Representing a projected investment of over $300 million in multiple phases, Phase Two emphasizes a new form of urban living, workplace solutions, dining, entertainment venues and shopping options.
The construction in Phase Two began in June 2019, with the first living spaces delivered in August 2020 and the first retail and office spaces delivered in October 2020.
This is the beginning of a new downtown Chesapeake. Today is a great day in Chesapeake’s history with the announcement of the urban mixed-use development, Summit Pointe.
– Mayor Rick West
Place Creation = Business Success
Great companies are attracted to great places. Without question, if you are looking for a headquarters location, regional headquarters, or business location on the East Coast, Summit Pointe is just the place for you and your business.
The iconic Dollar Tree campus in Phase One and the commitment to the first three blocks of development in Phase Two demonstrates our determination to create a unique urban community at Summit Pointe.
Great Companies + Great Locations + Great People = Dynamic Communities + Successful Businesses
Not only is the Summit Pointe name significant, but the creation of the iconic logo signifies a key element of urban planning. The logo emblem, with its circular rings, represents the centralization of community in Summit Pointe, while the distinctively bold triangle is symbolic in its own right, representing the pinnacle of urban development.
“Your success is our success and contributes to the region’s success.”
Welcome to Summit Pointe
SUMMIT POINTE MEANS BUSINESS
Summit Pointe, comprising 69 acres of land, enjoys an advantageous location within Coastal Virginia and is strategically positioned within the dynamic Greenbrier Business Community, with immediate access and visibility to Interstate 64.
- Home to a high-rise office tower and campus serving 2,300 employees of Dollar Tree, Inc (NASDAQ: DLTR), A Fortune 200 Company.
- Over 50 international companies are doing business in Chesapeake, Virginia.
- A convenient location within 750 miles of two-thirds of the nation’s population and industrial production.*
- Access to a regional transportation network of highways, rail service, international air service, and one of the most important commercial shipping ports worldwide.*
- A diverse business landscape with companies from 19 different nations.*
- Chesapeake, VA is now one of the largest foreign trade zones in the U.S. at 10,000 acres.*
- Various performance-based incentives for new and expanding companies in the State of Virginia. The state eagerly works with businesses by targeting incentives to both the company and the development plans of localities and the state.*
- A rapidly growing and high tech trained workforce consisting of approximately 30,000 exiting military service members and graduating college students annually. Since 2003, Chesapeake’s employment growth rate has been among the Top 50 nationally.*
Greenbrier business community is the second largest employment center in Coastal Virginia, south of the James River. Significant ongoing investment and economic growth is occurring in Greenbier, and this core area is surrounded by stable single-family neighborhoods that support our vision of an urbanizing mixed-use community. This contributes to rising and diverse incomes as well as growing support for community institutions: social, educational, business and military.
Doing Business Here
Coastal Virginia boasts a premier position, centrally located on the East Coast of the United States in the heart of one of the most advantageous business locations in the nation.
EXPLORE COASTAL VIRGINIA
Nestled in the heart of the Coastal Virginia area, Chesapeake is the perfect spot to navigate attractions in Coastal Virginia and throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Since the arrival of colonial settlers in 1620, the history of Coastal Virginia has played a major role in the birth of the United States of America.
While the City of Chesapeake was not formed until the union of Norfolk County and the City of South Norfolk merged in 1963, the city’s communities have deep roots and a long, varied and interesting history.